It’s never easy travelling with kids, no matter how pretty the pictures, there is always a certain level of strife getting to that stage. But, for all the exhaustion and the planning, it’s wonderful to see them experience something new .
The last staycation we went to , had my son learning to dip biscuits in tea and have them. It had him in a thrall, and he wanted to go back to Jaali Cottage just to have oreo biscuits dipped in tea. Holidays are also times when the rules of the house are slackened a bit, sleep time is pushed to a later hour, and sugar laden biscuits are part of the breakfast menu.
Here is our staycation at Hyatt Place Calangute, a mid level hotel, which has a bit of everything for everyone. And what was baby foodies new experience at this staycation ? read to find out...
|In this picture lies Baby Foodies unique holiday moment , Hyatt Place Goa
|Tasty Indian food at Hyatt Place Goa, Candolim
|Baby kingfish for baby foodie at Hyatt Place Goa
|Recheado King fish for Dada at Hyatt Place Goa
|Chocolate board for Mama , hyatt place Goa
|The cutest chocolate cupcakes and a chalkboard platter for baby foodie, Shreysht; Hyatt Place Goa
Child friendliness of the hotel
1. No balconies, so no fear of toppling out of the room.
2. A cozy corner, which easily doubles up as a play area for kid, shreyu loved jumping on ‘nice bed’.
3. Friendly staff accomadating of children.
4. High chairs in dining area.
5. Baby pool, as well as rock pool to dip feet, and plenty of water bodies for him to dip his hands in. (although not sure how clean the water is, and he wanted to drink water from every water body)
6. Lots of place to run around , especially in a second courtyard of faux grass, good for kicking around a ball.
|Practical meets plush in the Hyatt Place
|Loved the use of muted Azulejo tiles in the rooms, for a Goan inspiration at Hyatt Place Goa
|The cute cozy corner in each room, a lounge area where one can read or see tv from
|My favourite place in the room was the cozy corner. Hyatt Place Goa.
|Shreyu clearly loved the floor
* A play garden , the hotel has only two swings for kids.
*the bathroom door is easily lockable by kids from inside, and I feel that could be dangerous, would be better to have locks higher up. be careful of that.
|Sangrias and watermelon juice, two plus one on Holidays with the foodietrails
|Dont miss out of butter garlic prawns at Hyatt place Goa
|love the azulejo tiles in the hotel reception areacum restaurant, check in and sit to eat! incase you were wondering, that's icecream hidden under a mountain of chocolate sprinkles
|Hyatt place has the best vertical garden in the whole of Goa, thats my verdict
|couldnt get over the jam filled donuts and the four storied vertical garden at Hyatt Place Goa
|Breakfast stories at Hyatt Place, build your own sandwich , they said, so I put in three different types of cheese, three different cold cuts and meats along with chutney, butter, cucumbers tomatoes, and a mushroom omlette too. yup, breakfast sorted.
|Pepperoni pizzas for lunch, Hyatt Place Goa
|Baby Foodie can't get over his blue juice, blue curacoa with pine apple juice :P
|Marriage and the Martini glasses, a blue Juice was the unique experience for Shreysht at Hyatt Place Goa
|The three of us, and our platter of fish.
|all the kids were crazy about the many water bodies at the hotel
|Boys will be boys
Highlights of our stay :
1. The staff and F 7 B team. from the wonderful welcome by Vishal head of Fn B and chef Narsinh.
2. The prawn curry and the king fish rawa fry. I honestly did have a picture of it, but seem to have misplaced it. Almost every guest raved about the fish curry and I now know why. the prawn curry was unlike the normal prawn curries of Goa, this was more like a mangalorean prawn gussi, with many more layers of flavour.
3. the cozy corners in our rooms.
4. The extremely accesible location of the hotel, right in the thick of the touristy candolim,calangute, baga stretch.
5. the most amazing vertical garden made of real living plants , just looking at it was like breathing in fresh oxygen.
Hope this makes you want to go on a family staycation of your own, need more convincing on why a staycation could be good for you , read my reasons of LOVING a staycation HERE